HRA members have the opportunity to create a lasting impact on a student while contributing to the future of the Hawaii foodservice industry as a mentor.
Mentors help students make the transition between classroom and job placement. Mentors help create a high-quality labor pool and develop our industry’s future leaders.
The Hawaii ProStart mentor program is very flexible, there is no set schedule. You choose the school where you would like to mentor. Any time you can volunteer as a mentor is most appreciated. Customize your commitment to fit your interests, availability, and expertise!
- Visit your local school regularly to build relationships with students and instructors
- Assist instructors by presenting in the classroom, sharing real-world experience and information
- Help coordinate industry-related field trips
- Consider hiring Hawaii ProStart students for part-time, seasonal or event/catering work
- Provide internship opportunities